Regular price $159.99 Sale price$119.99 Save $40.00
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
- It’s incredibly lightweight—approximately 201 grams (250 length) for road bikes and 228 grams (330 length) for mountain bikes. The natural ellipse bore inside tube creates an optimum strength-to-weight ratio.
- We have a long 1.614 inch (41 mm) seat rail grip length. This helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads. Most other seatposts have grip lengths of at least .500 inches shorter than our grip length.
- The Thomson seatpost design incorporates a bending fuse to prevent catastrophic failure. All competitive seatposts we tested failed catastrophically with the seat and clamp components, and sometimes pieces of the tube and head flew off in all directions.
- The Thomson seatpost has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 350 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 250 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson seatpost will bend slightly and allow the rider to come to a safe stop or finish the ride.
- The Thomson seatpost has all parts captive and can easily be attached to a seat without dis-assembly.
- Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5° and plus 29°.
- Very low profile clamps means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are down between the seat rails.
- The designs and materials have passed extensive life and ultimate strength tests. Our ongoing testing program ensures that every production lot of seatposts meets Thomson standards.
- Impact absorbing clamps in the seatpost will spread and flex on impact to protect seat, rails, and rider. The seats survive heavy impact loads without bending the rails.